Thursday, January 29, 2009

In HIS time


There are people, (in the long list of the ones I know) who do not believe that ‘there is a time for everything’. When talking to them, they always say that ‘the awakening call, that ‘chance event’ which gives permission to act, comes but too late’.

I believe that we are a part of God’s story. We have to wait for his plot to unfold in our times. It is not our story. We lose faith and blame the entire universe for not receiving our chance.

Let me share with you a small incident.

During my Stanes High School days (9th 10th), I used to frequently go to my classmate Srikumar’s house, because he was my close friend. He stayed at Coonoor Silk Farm quarters close to school (His father was the Senior Scientist at Silk Farm). He had Mulberries’ and Green Apple trees in his garden. We used to go there for desert after lunch and sometimes miss school till evening. :-). At the Silk farm, they produced silk from cocoons after some special process.

This is where I first saw the metamorphic cycle of a butterfly. Amazing creation!

One weekend we decided to speedup the process for the butterflies to be born from some cocoons, so we decided to warm the cocoons close to a small bulb. A butterfly finally emerged from one of the cocoons, but its wings were still stuck together and it died soon afterwards. This made me understand that there is no point in forcing the great story of God, but to be patient and wait for the right time, following confidently the rhythm that God has chosen for our lives.

1 comment:

Anitha said...

Nice story. I feel like quoting it in my blog again...

Cheers,

Ammu